Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, September 3, 2010

I won AugNoWriMo : Demon and fairy part 8

I won AugNoWriMo, well I passed the 40000 word line I still need to be officially verified.
That time it was really hard, not that much about the story more about a strange brain pattern. Let me explain because if that happens to me I know that it's happening to others as well and knowing about it will help fight it.

I was late on my word count,with the move to America I couldn't write for few days. Looking at the late words now, that wasn't too much. But the thing was I possible couldn't catch up all at once for sure. So what did I do? I felt bad and I didn't write, so the late words started to add up even more because I couldn't make it all at once was feeling like if I couldn't make it at all. And that was the main problem. Just I didn't need to make it all at once I needed to split it, into pieces, like I did at the beginning of the challenge, 40000/31 = 1291 (above integer).

So I split it and I get back at writing every day. Most of the time I didn't even reached the new word count but I was writing every day I was getting closer and that's the main point, because you can't do it all right now doesn't mean that you can't take a little step in the right direction and that little step was just what I needed to get back to my writing motion.
Of course when the week-end arrived I had just four days left to get my last 15200 and I had the feeling that I wasn't going to make it. But I split it, 5000 Saturday, 5000 Sunday so that I just had about 2500 for the two last days. I wrote 5200 on Saturday, 4500 on Sunday but on Monday I wrote 4100 words so that on the last day I just had to write 1200 words and they came to me really easily. On the two last days I was also splitting the writing time, writing each time I had a moment.
I think that one of the most important thing is the desire to get what I said I would and I made it.

The novel is not yet finished with 2 contests won and a total of 94138 words so you can expect to have more to read in the close future. It is going to be my longest novel so far.
All Novels Draft 





Enlarge this document in a new window

Back to part 7 
To final part 

No comments:

Post a Comment