Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 18, 2012

Korea, Seoul : 종묘

En français
The next day I went to visit the historical center of Seoul. My first stop was in 종묘 (Jongmyo) Sanctuaire Royal. 종묘 is a complex of 3 Confucian major shrine dedicated for services for the deceased Royal family from the 조선 (Joseon) Dynasty. One curious thing about this is that the 공민왕 신당 (Gongminwang Sindang) is dedicated to king 공민 (Gongmin) from the 고료 (Goryeo) Dynasty and his Mongolian wife. One of my favorite feature of the park is that they have a pathway for spirits where human shouldn't walk. Near the shrines they also have a special pathway for incense that was carried by priest before the ceremony, I find it rather interesting. The park is really large with a lot of trees and flowers blooming, if I was to live in Seoul I would probably spend a lot of time there. 종묘 is part of the UNESCO World Heritage list.
Travel table of content
004
005
009
011
016
038
042
048
052
055

No comments:

Post a Comment