Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday Cinema: The Girl who Played With Fire

Welcome to a new Thursday Cinema. I told you last week that this was coming, so this week, Thursday Cinema is about the sequel of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the Swedish version of 2009 of The Girl who Played With Fire. Once again, I watched the movie in Swedish.
This movie comes from the book: "Flickan som lekte med elden" by Stieg Larsson, and I haven't read the book yet, but I'll read it in Swedish sometimes later. I need to read the first one in the series first if that makes sense. Anyway, I think my Swedish is improving a little.  

Story: At the death of her mother, Lisbeth comes back to Sweden after a year spent abroad. She buys a new apartment and let her former girlfriend use the old one, she also checks on Bjurman and threaten him with his own gun when she discovers he wants to remove the tattoo she left him after raping her.
At the same time, a journalist working for Mikael Blomkvist and his girlfriend publishing her thesis on sex trafficking are found dead, killed by Bjurman's gun, but Bjurman is also dead.
Lisbeth is the first suspect. Mikael offers to help prove her innocence and she tells him to find "Zala". Mikael then hurt himself against a conspiracy against Lisbeth, from people who wants her to disappear.

My feelings: This time around, we dug into Lisbeth's past. The entire mystery is about who she really is and her interaction with her family. I really enjoyed this movie, maybe even more than the first one. Lisbeth is really classy and unstoppable. She is the typical strong female character that you want in a movie. I think this is one of the best suspense thriller movie I have watched in a while. The evidences are revealed bit by bit and every time you think you know something, new information appears. It's really good. Go watch it and then come back to talk to me about it.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment