Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday Cinema: Lucy


Welcome to a new Thursday Cinema. This time we are going for a French movie.

Story: Lucy is living and studying in Taipei. She is tricked by her new boyfriend into delivering drugs for the Korean mafia. Unfortunately, they don't let her go and instead sew a bag of the drug, CPH4 into her abdomen as they want her to be a passer like 3 other men. She is kicked by one of her captors, opening the bag and letting the drug in her system, as a result, she develops abilities and is able to use more and more of her brain.

My feelings: This movie was weird. I would have hoped for a lot more thinking and explanation and a lot less action, but seeing that it's a Luc Besson movie I can't be surprised. I think I would have preferred it made by Spielberg. I enjoyed seeing Lucy develop are more and more of her brain is available to her, but I still wonder which part of the brain makes the different abilities possible and how it really works. I love the time travel and when she reaches Plank constant. The annoying part is the never ending fight with the Korean mafia, seriously coming all the way from Taiwan to Paris loaded with guns is totally unrealistic.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment