Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, April 20, 2015

Quince (A-to-Z challenge 2015)

 
Hello and welcome to a new fruity post for the A-to-Z April challenge. Today we are talking about Quince and personally I think the guy might be depressed.

The Quince which I didn't know until today is a solidary fruit as it is the only member of the cydonia genus in its fruit family which also contains apples and pear. The thing is, quince wanted to be left alone. Personally I can understand, I mean everybody know the apple and the pear but who knows the poor little quince? 
Quince is generally cooked to be eaten but people actually like the flower coming first enough to grow the tree just for their decorative aspect.
Our little quince has been looking for attention all it's life growing on dangerous rocky slop in south-Asia and Iran and north Scotland. Now, you've got to admit that's impressive because I'm not sure if there are all that many plants about to grow is so many diversified climate. You go Quince! 

As if it was not enough to give itself all this trouble to be famous, the quince is also very often eaten by larvae and moth and has it's own copy cat, the Bael who is totally unrelated by likes to be called Bengal Quince. 

The thing is I don't even know what a quince taste like. I wonder why it seems to be so lost now because once Quince was glorious and an offering to the gods for weddings during antiquity and it's the sacred fruit of Aphrodite. 


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this fruit. I'll need to check the local Persian produce store as they carry stuff you don;t see in the grocery store.

    Stephen Tremp
    A-Z Co-host
    Q is for Quantum Mechanics

    ReplyDelete