Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, January 22, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 53

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.  
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles"

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
I tried to remember what the voice was saying to me but it was gone, only the voice of the old man was remaining and that wasn’t as agreeable. If he was right, staying here was not safe anymore. I tried to figure out where to go. For the past few days I had been trying to find Nicolas Flamel. I was seeing myself knocking at his door and asking to be his pupil maybe and I was also seeing him kicking me out, I personally would have kicked myself out. I didn’t have a bath since I left Transylvania and since I was in Paris it had gotten even worse. That was becoming a vicious circle, I get worse because I don’t find Flamel and as I’m getting worse I have less and less chances to get him to accept me so I’m not looking that hard, and then I get worse again. And now I was probably sick on the top of everything. I didn’t know how long I lived, the only indication was one hundred years as right handed one hundred years as left handed but if my heart hadn’t been beating that all time and just started I was wondering how long it could go before stopping and if it’s stopping would really killed me. I was plunged into this very philosophical debate when I heard some noise behind me. Your heart stop beating for few seconds and those guys are already ready to pluck you like a dead bird. I sighed and wrap myself in my blanket ready to jump and run. I had left my stuff in a safe place but the blanket was the only thing that was protecting me from the cold night and I that was something really enviable. They came closer. I could see the light of the street lamp reverberating on their blade. I sighed again and jumped like a devil out of nowhere. They felt surprise and started to run to the river. I knew that if I was getting to the other side I would be safe. The Seine was like the separation between the rich and the poor and in between was The cathedral Notre Dame of Paris and all of them poor and rich couldn’t help going there on Sunday morning to pray before turning back to their personal mischief after having been forgiven by their god. Human needed forgiveness and I needed to run. They were after me and they were fast but not enough. I crossed the bridge to Notre Dame’s island knowing that they wouldn’t follow me there. Out of their limits it was too dangerous for them, they couldn’t disappear, and they would be arrested for sure. I was looking at them from the other side not caring much and too happy to have escaped them when I felt a large hand on my shoulder. The policeman gripped me. I could feel his fingers in my shoulder. Even if I wasn’t one of the thieves, I had the same appearance, I was as filthy and that I had done something or not was not the question here. I was just not where I was supposed to be.
“Running away kid?” he asked.
Being taken for a kid was really starting to get on my nerves but this time that could be my chance. I pointed at the man, on the other side of the river breathing more heavily than necessary and looking at the policeman helplessly.
“Don’t try to fool me, I have seen the like of yours long before you were born”, he said.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment