Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, January 29, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 54

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.  
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles"
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

I continued with the act but he pulled me brusquely. He should have play with the act and pretend that they were trying to kill or abduct me. He was so close to me that I could smell his blood and hear his pulse in his temples. The street around us was deserted. The light in this part of the city had just been extinguished. I turned around looking at him with a smirk my small knife sliding inside my sleeve into my hand. I cut him quickly in the neck. He felt on his knew holding his neck with both hands and I jumped on him. He tried to push me away but I was already starting to suck the blood out of him, at first it was hard to battle with him. He was taller than me and stronger. But as I started to drink my vampire senses and strength awoke and as he was losing blood his strength were failing him. I heard footsteps in the alley. Someone was coming to the river running. I stopped drinking looking up at the light progressing towards me. That was two policemen. I recognized their uniform before realizing that if I could see them, they couldn’t see me yet. Under me the body of the man was twitching, fighting to stay alive despite blood still flowing out of it. I stood up slowly. The vampire part of me wanted to wait for them and the human voice was telling me to run away. The vampire was the stronger but the other idea was to go back to the “cour des miracles” and to teach a little something to the men who had thought chasing me was a good idea. I stood up slowly linking my blade and hiding it back in my sleeve. 
“Who is there?” the first policeman said. I could hear them running faster but they were still too slow.
I ran away from the laying body, and jumped in the water. I really needed to check myself and think when I was becoming more vampire-like. The speed of my body and my excitement as the new blood started to oxygen my brain and muscle was taking the step on my instinct and reason. I hadn’t touch the water yet that I realized that I didn’t know if I could swim and as I drawn to the bottom of the Seine, I realized I couldn’t. I started to wonder if I was really going to die here in that filthy water. I started to think about the meaning of my life. Was it really worth it to continue to live this way without knowing who I was? Was it worth is to look for myself when most of what I knew from my past seemed to deal with pain. For a second I was letting myself drown more and more, the taste of the water and dirt in my mouth having washed away the taste of blood. But survival instinct seemed to be stronger. I knew where to top was and I when for it with disordered move as fast as I could. I was going there, the light of the moon seemed to be coming closer. When I reached to surface, air filled my lungs like it had never did before. I was exhausted. The strength that the blood had given me seemed to have dissipated in the water. That’s when I realized that the current had taken me to the middle of the river. Being at the surface was something, staying there was another and even more reaching the bank. It was not time to rest yet, I started moving as I could, I knew I was really inefficient but I could care less, all I could think about was keeping my head out of the water. I had the experience of not breathing earlier in the night, that was enough. I don’t remember how long it took, I don’t remember how I managed but I arrived on the bank, the wall was high and I had to hoist myself with my shaking arms. Moving in the water was totally different than moving outside, the water was resisting you, fighting against you moving it and it was stronger than me but I was finally out. I lay on the bank, breathing deeply and loving to be able to for the first time. I looked in the water, the cover I was trying to protect from being robbed was floating away because I had stop thinking and just worked on impulse. My vampire part had some major inconvenient. I huddled up trying to warm up myself when I heard the voices of people and their footsteps.
“He has to be somewhere close”, a man voice said.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment