Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, April 29, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 67

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

“Few months before you arrived, I finally managed to get what I had been looking for. Now I just need to actually learn how to use it.” Nicolas continued, Perenelle looked at him smiling and took his hand gently.
“This thing is called the philosopher stone. It is said to be able to give eternal life and youth to anyone possessing it and I believe that it also as a lot of properties to still be discover. However to make it takes more than a life time, as you can see I’m not that young anymore.” Nicolas said laughing with the last words as if the decay of his own body and life was a joke. I didn’t understand that really well, that obsession the human had to life forever and to stay young. Like the priest before, Nicolas seemed to have dedicated his life to have a long life without actually using it to really live. I wondered if the main problem of the humans was that their life was too short for them to actually have the chance to find a real purpose for it. Thinking about mine, I had that in common with Nicolas, he wanted that philosopher stone and I wanted my memory back. The only thing was that contrarily to him, I actually was in no rush.
“The main problem about my research is that a lot of people had been expecting me to find the stone any minutes. You see most of people don’t really have a good conception of time. Either they think they have plenty and don’t do anything because they can always do it later or then think they have none and they want everything now and give up at the first difficulty.”
I bite my lips, I knew that was not meant for me but that was really close. I felt like I hadn’t been progressing too much toward my goal since I arrived here. Of course arriving here was the first step but I couldn’t figure out how I was supposed to find something about me in his place. I read and reread my father letter as if it had contained a secret answer, a key to my past that I couldn’t see but all I knew was that he just wanted me to be here.
“I used to collaborate with a lot of people during my life and most of the time we ended by going in different direction. That wasn’t always a bad thing, sometimes people need to pursue their own destiny. Some of my friends did a lot of good, some didn’t. It doesn’t really matter as long as everybody is happy with their own life and achievement. In a different way, when I was younger, I was carefree. You remind me a bit of myself. I didn’t care who was to know about my discovery and from who it should be kept secret. I thought knowledge was for sharing for the greater good of mankind. I was an idealist. I realized my mistake later. With the subvention and money for my research, the people paying the most were not interested in the propagation of knowledge or in the possibility for ending human misery and suffering for all with a stone that could create the elixir of life. I soon realized as they were becoming more and more pressing for result that they wanted the stone for their own benefit. To gain youth and life, to sell some of it for money, the philosopher stone was becoming in their mind more precious than gold and they would have given anything to possess it, anything but the time and patience to do research and earn it themselves. Those people are dangerous. They don’t learn anything because they always go for the easy way and they obtain power and rule the world without being wise enough for the task which is why there is so much misery in this world.”

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment