Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, July 14, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 130

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

Nicolas didn’t have enough space on his desk so he had spread more book on the kitchen table under the annoyed look of Perenelle. He was doing research, that’s what he had said but I had read all those books about vampire and I knew that there was nothing to help there. I had taken my old blade and sword. It had been a while since I used them. Last time was the night when I had met Nicolas in Paris. I had spend a good part of the day making sure that it was sharp enough and the second making sure that I could still fight after so long without training. The good thing about being a vampire, my muscle weren’t changing. I was still fast and I knew how to fight. One hundred years training with the left hand and one hundred years training with the right hand and I didn’t know how many time I had done it. There was no way my body could forget it and I was grateful for it.
“You are going to go tonight, no matter what I say and no matter if I don’t agree with it”, Nicolas said.
Perenelle had been trying for half an hour to get him to take his books away from the table to set it for diner but he still hadn’t move. She was grumbling and walking from the pan to the fire and pushing the books to put the plates and forks in a corner.
I started to close the books making sure to have a bookmark for each of them.
“”I have to go, if I don’t there will be more death tonight.”
“And how many humans are you going to kill?” he asked.
I didn’t answer to the provocation. I kept on closing the books and preparing for diner, it wasn’t dark enough for the vampire to go out yet, I had one hour left, I wanted to rest a bit before going. Just the thought of fighting vampires was overwhelming and exhilarating. They would answer my questions, they would tell me about Sorina about what had happened to her when I had left about the reason why my heart was beating and why I was one of them and still so different.
“If you go out tonight, you are going to die”, Nicolas said.
“That’s a possibility”, I answered.
“Are you ready to throw your life away?” He continued.
“I have to do what needs to be done”, I said.
“I know that you are only thinking about revenge, about taking from them what they had taken from you.” He started again.
“If I wanted to take revenge, I would attached them to the wall and torture their beloved in front of them until they couldn’t take it any more and then I would torture them and killed them really slowly. And I would kill anyone caring for them so that they wouldn’t take revenge on me. That’s what a revenge would look like. But what I will do tonight, is find them and make sure for the new born that they stop killing rampage on every breathing thing that come their way and for the Transylvanian get the information I need and make sure they don’t reproduce. It’s very different.”
I sat in front of my plate and serve myself a glass of water which I drunk in one mouthful. Talking that much was not in my habit. I hoped Nicolas wouldn’t detect my lie. He could know the theory about vampire, he had seen enough of it near the dead body tonight.
“I don’t believe you”, he said pushing a book toward me. “I could make that and spread it all over the city to protect the population.”



http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment: