Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, September 11, 2017

The Artist's Way (Day 10) Skepticism, Narcissistic abuse

So I read chapter 2 and I got a little bit pissed. Ok, kind of really annoyed actually. I'm not really sure what was the purpose of the whole "crazymakers" part of it, except for it being like take the asshole out of your life but it seriously pissed me off. Because of the lack of understanding behind narcissistic abuse and the lack of empathy. And also the lack of solution, I mean telling victims that they are using their abuser not to be creative really rubbed me the wrong way.
It is true that we often use a lot of excuses not to be our best but there are also limits to that argument. One point that really annoyed me is that it's always super easy to blame the victim of a narcissist since there is no trace of the abuse, the abuse is invisible and many times everyone around think that the narcissist is the great guy and that you are just a crazy person. So having that kind of talk in this book in a chapter about "recovering a sense of identity" it just annoyed the hell out of me. It also lack of empathy.
Anyway, if you manage to survive to the end of the video which is really long today, I also talk about the last part of this chapter about "Attention" which was way better. 






http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment